19 Dec How To Ship A Car Out Of State
When you’re moving to a new state, there are a lot of things that you need to consider. And one of them is how to ship your car state to state. Vehicle transport can take a lot of time. It’s not only the time to get from one state to the other but the time that is required that you spend looking for the best auto shipping company.
Here are all the things you need to do to prepare your car shipping:
#1: Find the best auto shipper for you:
Despite not all auto shippers are as reliable as they should, there are professional companies that can help you. When you’re looking to send your car out of state, you need to find an auto shipper that:
- Has Experience: Despite this shouldn’t be the only factor to consider it’s usually best to choose a company that has been around for many years and that has quality than one that just appeared in the market.
- Is Professional: You’re not only looking for the best price. You’re also looking for a company that is able to take good care of your vehicle and that can help you during the entire process. So, making sure they just know their business and have the right attitude towards you is a point in favor.
- Is Trustable: Trust is a process; it just doesn’t happen overnight. So, when you’re talking to the company, the communication, their experiences, as well as the comments from other people who already used their services are very important to consider.
- Is Affordable: Price always matters. And it’s a substantial factor to take into consideration because no matter how good a company may sound, you won’t be able to choose them if you can’t afford their services.
#2: Preparing your car:
After choosing the best auto shipping company, you need to prepare your car. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that you properly wash the exterior of your car. This will help you see any signs of damage it may have. In case you notice some, take some pictures. You can leave the interior as it is.
- Fluid leaks are very important. In case you notice any, you need to make sure that you fix them before the transportation.
- In what concerns to the gas you have, you shouldn’t have more than 1/4 of fuel. This will decrease the total weight of your car.
- In case you want to use your vehicle to transport other things, you need to make sure that the total weight doesn’t pass the 100 lbs.
#3: Payment of the service:
You can pay for the service using many different ways. You can either pay using a credit card, personal check, i-pay, wire transfer, among others. Please notice that this depends on the auto shipper you choose.
In case you prefer to go with the wire transfer, make sure that you keep the receipt to prove that the bank is already processing the transfer. You need to make sure that you also confirm the payment before you send the driver or tow truck.